Tuesday, 3 September 2013

It started with a feather...

Sometimes accidents provide very good results. This piece of film I made in Anime Studio started with an attempt to draw a feather, but I haven't worked out how to put texture detail into this program and the lines weren't going the way I wanted them to. So I ditched my direct drawing and decided to try turn a jpg of an existing drawing I had made of a feather into a vector image.

Here is what the feather turned into. It may have amounted to nothing like my intention at the beginning of the exercise, but I just love random shit. It was like trying to control the weather. A lot of effective abstract images came from figurative sources, simplified and extended. It's fun to see the extent to which that initial image can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment